One of the storied historical uses of oysters is as an aphrodisiac. This effect, if in fact true, could be due to oysters' high zinc content. Zinc is essential for the proper action of testosterone and is a key nutrient in sperm production.
- Q What are some health benefits of salt?
- Q What are the health benefits of chicory?
- Q What are nutrient-dense foods?
- Q What is the nutritional value of brown rice?
- Q What foods are good sources of sulfur-containing antibacterial compounds?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating garlic and onions?