One of the storied historical uses of oysters is as an aphrodisiac. This effect, if in fact true, could be due to oysters' high zinc content. Zinc is essential for the proper action of testosterone and is a key nutrient in sperm production.
- Q Are there problems with eating raw egg whites?
- Q What is a good choice for a healthy marinade?
- Q What are the possible benefits of functional foods?
- Q Do spices have any health benefits?
- Q Should I avoid eating red meat?
- Q What is the nutritional value of sunflower seeds?