In general, the darker the lettuce, the greater its nutrient content; therefore, romaine > looseleaf > butterhead > iceberg. All varieties of lettuce are a good source of chlorophyll and vitamin K. Iceberg lettuce is a surprisingly good source of choline. Romaine lettuce is generally the most nutrient-dense lettuce and is an excellent source of vitamin A, folic acid, and vitamins C, B1, and B2. It is also an excellent source of the minerals manganese and chromium.
- Q What are the health benefits of eating radishes?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating cauliflower?
- Q What is Swiss chard?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating arugula?
- Q How do I select fresh cauliflower?
- Q What is the nutritional value of artichokes?