In general, the darker the lettuce, the greater its nutrient content; therefore, romaine > looseleaf > butterhead > iceberg. All varieties of lettuce are a good source of chlorophyll and vitamin K. Iceberg lettuce is a surprisingly good source of choline. Romaine lettuce is generally the most nutrient-dense lettuce and is an excellent source of vitamin A, folic acid, and vitamins C, B1, and B2. It is also an excellent source of the minerals manganese and chromium.
- Q What is the nutritional value of endive?
- Q What are the benefits of frozen squash?
- Q What are types of peas?
- Q How do I select fresh cabbage?
- Q What are the health benefits of lima beans?
- Q What are the benefits of spinach and other green leafy vegetables?