In general, the darker the lettuce, the greater its nutrient content; therefore, romaine > looseleaf > butterhead > iceberg. All varieties of lettuce are a good source of chlorophyll and vitamin K. Iceberg lettuce is a surprisingly good source of choline. Romaine lettuce is generally the most nutrient-dense lettuce and is an excellent source of vitamin A, folic acid, and vitamins C, B1, and B2. It is also an excellent source of the minerals manganese and chromium.
- Q What are the health benefits of eating summer squash?
- Q What are the nutritional benefits of potato skins?
- Q What are the health benefits of spinach?
- Q What precautions are advised for eating cabbage?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating onions?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating Swiss chard?