What are some healthy green fruits and vegetables?

Marisa Moore
It's tough to name all of the healthy green fruits and vegetables available since there are so many. Try these for starters...
  • Fruits: avocado, Granny Smith apples, grapes, gooseberries, kiwi, honeydew melon, limes
  • Vegetables: asparagus, beet greens, green beans, lima beans, kale, turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, peas, green bell pepper, spinach, broccoli, broccoli rabe, artichokes, edamame, okra, lettuces
Doreen Rodo
Some healthy green vegetables: dandelion greens, cucumber, artichoke, asparagus, turnip greens, mustard greens, arugula, chicory, romaine and other lettuce, broccoli, swiss chard, spinach, kale, edamame, pepper, brussels sprouts, broccoflower, and green beans

Healthy green fruits: apples, grapes, avocado, honeydew, kiwi, pear
Lona Sandon
With St. Patrick's Day around the corner, now is the time to celebrate green fruits and vegetables. One of my favorite green fruits is kiwi. One large kiwi has almost 90 mg of vitamin C, more than the recommended amount for one day. 

One of my favorite green vegetables is snow peas or sugar snap peas. One cup is just 41 calories, 3 g fiber, and meets 98% of your vitamin C and 21% of your vitamin A needs for the day. What is great about them is you can eat them raw for a sweet, crunchy snack, on a salad, or cooked into a stir-fry. 

I cannot think of any green fruits and vegetables that are not healthy for you. So find what you like best and eat up.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

Taking Your Pulses
Taking Your Pulses
In Traditional Chinese Medicine there are (according to some) 29 pulses that indicate different states of health or unhealthiness. The normal, healthy...
What are the health benefits of olives?
Mosaraf Ali, MDMosaraf Ali, MD
The Prophet Mohammed said that the olive and its oil are the best medicinal products nature has ...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in.
Lower Your Blood Sugar With Yogurt
Lower Your Blood Sugar With Yogurt