What are the benefits of eating cruciferous vegetables?

Bok choy is just one example from the cruciferous vegetable group. But you can also toss broccoli, turnip greens, kale, cauliflower and napa cabbage into your wok. They're full of antioxidants, vitamins and other protective phytochemicals, which are probably responsible for the life-extending effects observed in the study. The potential bonus of cruciferous vegetables, though? Their sulforaphane—an isothiocyanate with supreme antioxidant powers, the kind that reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the cardiovascular system.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

The Health Benefits of Almonds
The Health Benefits of Almonds
Next time you're headed to the office vending machine, skip the chips and grab yourself a bag of almonds instead. Your heart will sing.  Besides the ...
The Truth About Egg Yolks
The Truth About Egg Yolks
Why did the chicken cross the road? To deliver a yolk to the other side—and yolks are no joke. We reported on the JAMA study that eating 300mg of diet...
What Should I Do If I Can't Afford to Buy Only Organic Foods?
Why Is Dark Chocolate Healthy?
Why Is Dark Chocolate Healthy?