Should I eat garlic regularly?

Health experts including Dr. Oz agree that fresh garlic has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. One study found that people who began to eat garlic regularly were able to reduce their sick days significantly. Some of garlic’s active nutrients are credited with inhibiting platelets to form clots in arteries, which may help to prevent heart disease and strokes. People who eat garlic regularly have also been known to show reductions in elevated blood pressure levels.

Though most scientific studies have been done on garlic supplements, chewing some fresh cloves of garlic daily or using them in recipes is a good health habit. Remember to check with your doctor to see if fresh garlic or garlic supplements interfere with any medications you take.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in. Seems like a new study comes out nearly every day telling us to eat this, not that. But ...
What Are the Health Benefits of Fennel Seed?
What Are Some Anti-Aging Superfoods?
What Are Some Anti-Aging Superfoods?
What Should I Do If I Can't Afford to Buy Only Organic Foods?