No. Researchers say that baked bread, with its golden, toasty crust, is full of antioxidants that increase cancer-preventing enzymes. But if you bake bread too dark or cause it to burn, the health benefits of the crust go up in smoke. Burnt bread contains carcinogens, research shows.
- Q Are fresh fruits and vegetables healthier than frozen ones?
- Q Which type of milk has more protein?
- Q Are nuts beneficial for my health?
- Q What is crab?
- Q What are some examples of superfoods?
- Q How often should I include beans in my diet, and what kinds?