No. Researchers say that baked bread, with its golden, toasty crust, is full of antioxidants that increase cancer-preventing enzymes. But if you bake bread too dark or cause it to burn, the health benefits of the crust go up in smoke. Burnt bread contains carcinogens, research shows.
- Q What herbs and foods help the body eliminate toxins?
- Q What is the nutritional value of tuna?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating tofu?
- Q What are some inexpensive health foods?
- Q Why should I limit the amount of red meat I eat?
- Q What are the health benefits of white fruits and vegetables?