How can I use tofu to improve my diet?

Tofu is a good source of protein and calcium when it's calcium-fortified. Because it easily takes up the flavor of other ingredients in a dish, it can be used in a variety ways. Use firm or extra firm tofu for stir-frys, and in chili, tacos, noodle dishes, casseroles and soups. Use soft tofu in dips, smoothies, sauces and dressings.
Judy Caplan

Tofu is actually a versatile food that can be easy to use. Start in the morning with a tofu scramble. Add eggs, veggies and onions. Baked tofu marinated in a soy based sauce served with buckwheat noodles is also easy to do. Tofu egg salad on whole grain bread makes a quick lunch. Tofu chocolate mousse makes a delicious dessert. There are tofu ice creams that are also delicious.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

The World's Sexiest Fruit!
The World's Sexiest Fruit!
It gets its name from the word ahuacatl, Aztec for, well, testicle—which it clearly resembles. And because of its shape, the Aztecs prized it as a pow...
Which foods can make me happier?
Jump in! We're going for a short ride to get a real-deal happy meal. By that I mean foods that l...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in. Seems like a new study comes out nearly every day telling us to eat this, not that. But ...
Obesity and the Decline of Healthy Eating