How can pomegranates improve my health?

Pomegranates are high in fiber and provide potassium, vitamin C, antioxidants and phytonutrients.

Select a pomegranate that has a deep color and is heavy for its size. Pomegranates can be messy to prepare. Try this 3-step process:
  1. Cut off the crown, then cut the pomegranate into sections.
  2. Place the sections in a bowl of water, then roll out the arils (juice sacs with seeds) with your fingers. Discard the rest.
  3. Drain out the water. Enjoy the arils -- seed and all -- or add them to salads and desserts.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

The Truth About Egg Yolks
The Truth About Egg Yolks
Why did the chicken cross the road? To deliver a yolk to the other side—and yolks are no joke. We reported on the JAMA study that eating 300mg of diet...
What Mushrooms Should I Not Eat?
What Mushrooms Should I Not Eat?
What Are the Healthiest Types of Mushroom?
How Much Yogurt Do I Have to Eat to Improve My Digestion?