How does eating garlic affect my body?

Garlic is highly medicinal - it blocks the enzymes that allow viruses to flourish, it can lower bad cholesterol (LDL), and it can lower blood pressure. But, it’s no secret that garlic has quite the aroma. Garlic’s oils are carried in the bloodstream and circulated in the lungs; the odor can be exhaled by the body for up to 72 hours after eating it. To minimize garlic breath, drink a cup of whole milk, neutralizing the odor by 50%.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

Eat This Daily to Feel Fuller, Healthier and Happier
What if we told you that eating just 1 ounce of a food every day would curb your appetite, improve your heart health, steady your blood sugar, quiet i...
What is the history behind barley?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
As one of the most ancient cultivated grains in the world, barley originated in Ethiopia and Southea...
What is the benefit of eating apples and dark chocolate together?
Keep your heart young with the anti-inflammatory compound found in apples called quercetin. Apple sk...
How can I tell if my diet is healthy?
Yogi Cameron AlborzianYogi Cameron Alborzian
In modern times, we have come to rely on what is written on the nutritional information label of a p...