What are the healthiest options when it comes to poultry?

When choosing poultry products, breast meat is the leanest of all. Removing the skin before cooking lowers the fat content by 50–75% and cholesterol by 12%. Look for ground turkey that is less than 7–8% fat by weight (often the fatty skin is ground in, giving it a higher fat content). When turkey or chicken is used to make salami, bologna, hot dogs, and bacon, these products can be high in fat. Look for ones that are 30% fat or less.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

How Beets Can Improve Your Heart Health—And Sex Life
We’ve mentioned before that beets (sometimes called beetroot) and beet juice help heart health and provide performance boosts to athletes by increasin...
Why should I eat more of whole grains?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Whole grains are amazing for us -- they contain nutrients as mother nature intended. From big mi...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in. Seems like a new study comes out nearly every day telling us to eat this, not that. But ...
Why Should I Eat Black Rice?
Why Should I Eat Black Rice?