How does eating fish help my memory?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine
If you suffer from depression, poor memory or a number of other conditions, there's a good chance that you suffer from omega-3 deficiency and would benefit from adding fish oil to your diet.

With most of the brain being made of fatty acids (such as DHA), it's not surprising that consuming fish oil has been shown to reduce existing depression and help with postpartum depression, ADHD, bipolar illness and even schizophrenia. Even in healthy people, supplementing with fish oil decreases anger and anxiety and increases vigor while also improving various types of attention, cognitive and physiological functions -- including overall mood.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

More Good News for Chocolate Lovers
More Good News for Chocolate Lovers
I have an ongoing love affair with chocolate. It’s actually more of a love/hate relationship. Once I start eating chocolate, I just can’t stop. Needle...
What are the health benefits of cordyceps mushrooms?
If you need a pick-me-up, forgo energy drinks, which are often loaded with caffeine. Instead, try co...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in.
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Cheese?