Why is a chicken burrito with chips unhealthy?

A chicken burrito with chips lunch special was caught loaded with 1700 calories. On average, adult women need about 2000 calories per day. Remember, exact recommended caloric intake varies based on age, gender, and exercise habits.

Beware: a chicken burrito may resemble a simple sandwich, but once unwrapped, it's clear this culprit is hiding high calorie ingredients like refried beans, white rice, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. This meal is often accompanied by the standard chips and salsa, racking up even more calories.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

Why You Should Go with Whole Grains
Why You Should Go with Whole Grains
Go with the grain -- whole grain that is! That’s a slogan everyone could live by, because whole grains are packed with health-protecting powers. You’v...
Is instant oatmeal a healthy breakfast choice?
Sarah KriegerSarah Krieger
Anything "instant" means that some of the preparation of the food has been done for you. Instant oat...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in. Seems like a new study comes out nearly every day telling us to eat this, not that. But ...
Why Should I Eat Black Rice?
Why Should I Eat Black Rice?