Can I eat dark green leafy vegetables if I am taking blood thinners?

Intermountain Healthcare
Administration
Dark green leafy vegetables are high in vitamin K, which may interfere with blood-thinning medication such as Coumadin. If you take a blood-thinning medication, keep your intake of vitamin K-rich foods consistent -- be careful not to significantly increase or decrease how much or how often you eat them. Ask your healthcare providers for more information.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

Health Value Of Foods

Health Value Of Foods

A healthy diet is rich in foods with high nutritional value, providing your body with the vitamins, minerals and other food nutrients it needs to protect against disease and maintain a healthy weight. To identify healthy foods, it...

's important to read nutrition labels and know the source of your food. Products advertised as whole-grain, organic or fortified may not necessarily be healthy for you. Find out how to get the most health value from various fruits, nuts, spices, oils and vegetables -- and learn which types of red meat and processed foods to avoid -- with expert advice from Sharecare.