If you enjoy raw oats moistened with water, by all means eat them that way. But if you prefer cooked oats, made perhaps with part low-fat milk and topped with some chopped strawberries and apple, you aren't sacrificing anything and may, in fact, be gaining something extra.
- Q Why are whole grains healthier than processed grains?
- Q What role do capsaicin and ginger play in metabolism?
- Q Can shellfish lower blood sugar levels?
- Q What are some healthy sweets I can eat?
- Q What are nutrient-dense foods?
- Q Should I buy packaged foods with added nutrients?