What are the health benefits of eating tofu?

Vandana  R. Sheth
Tofu is a protein-rich food made from curds of soybean milk. Health benefits to eating tofu may include lowering of LDL cholesterol, lowering Triglycerides, relieving symptoms of menopause and more. 
Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
Tofu is an excellent source of iron and calcium. It is also a very good source of protein, as well as the minerals manganese, selenium, and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc, and vitamin B1.

Tofu is an excellent food from a nutritional and health perspective. It provides the same sort of protection against cancer and heart disease as soybeans. In one study, substituting tofu for cheese demonstrated impressive results in lowering blood cholesterol levels, in both men and women.
Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

Walnuts: The Superfood
Walnuts: The Superfood
John Boy Walton (Richard Thomas) was notoriously wholesome and filled with the right stuff to assure his future was happy and healthy. If you ask us h...
How healthy are nondairy milk substitutes?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
A wander down the milk aisle in your local grocery store will present you with a plethora of non...
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in.
How Much Yogurt Do I Have to Eat to Improve My Digestion?