What are the health benefits of hazelnuts?

The hazelnut is one healthy nut. It's a good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage and may help keep your immune system strong. Hazelnut also is low in cholesterol and a source of heart-healthy fats. In fact, eating a handful of hazelnuts a day, or other healthy nuts like almonds or walnuts, may reduce your risk of heart disease. Other research has linked hazelnuts with a lower risk of some cancers, and recently, a large study found a potential link between vitamin E-rich diets and a lower risk of dementia.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

The Health Benefits of Almonds
The Health Benefits of Almonds
Next time you're headed to the office vending machine, skip the chips and grab yourself a bag of almonds instead. Your heart will sing.  Besides the ...
The 3 Things You Need to Know About Soy
The 3 Things You Need to Know About Soy
The claims are amazing -- soy does everything from lowering cholesterol and fighting cancer to thwarting brittle bones -- but scientists are still arg...
What can I do if I only like white bread?
Keri GansKeri Gans
Have you tried whole wheat bread? One of my patients, a self-described “picky eater,” claimed to dis...
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Pistachio Nuts?