Canned foods are a nutritious option because canning technology keeps food fresh and flavorful without a lot of preservatives and additives. When foods go through the canning process, nutrients are locked in so the amount of vitamins and nutrients in the food is the same on the day it was canned as it is a year from the canning date. Canned foods are also "in-season" year-round so we are able to enjoy them anytime of the year.
- Q What is the nutritional value of sweet potatoes?
- Q Besides better heart health, do veggies help in other ways?
- Q How can I sneak more vegetables into my diet?
- Q What are types of peas?
- Q How can I eat more vegetables if I don't like many of them?
- Q What are the nutritional benefits of eating corn?