Why is there little focus on preventive healthcare in the U.S.?

Judith Salerno
Geriatric Medicine

The healthcare system in the U.S. is better at treating disease than preventing it, says Dr. Judy Salerno, executive officer of the Institute of Medicine. Watch the video to find out why.

Continue Learning about Health and Society

Pope Francis Bestows Blessing on Atlanta Hawks’ Sharecare MLK Jersey
Updated on January 15, 2020 at 7:30pm EST More than 50 years past his lifetime, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s words calling for civil rights and equal...
What can I do to protect myself from germs and bacteria at restaurants?
Peter DeLuciaPeter DeLucia
To protect you and your family from germs and bacteria at restaurants, you must thoroughly wash your...
10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.
10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.
Gallup-Healthways ranked 189 communities for well-being. Where does your area land?
Arianna: Both Parties Have For 30 Years Now Screwed The Middle Class, Part 1