What is the Health and Retirement Study (HRS)?

The Health and Retirement Study (HRS) is an anonymous study of older adults in the United States. Funded by the National Institute on Aging, thousands of HRS participants answer questions about their health and take brief memory tests every two years. Data on demographic, economic, health, quality of life and cognitive factors are collected.

The HRS has been an incredible resource for understanding health and aging in America.

Continue Learning about Health and Society

Thoughts and Prayers Aren’t Enough to Prevent Gun Violence—Here’s What Can
I’m an ER doctor. I trained in an area of high violence and crime. Day-to-day, the EMT radio transmissions can become background noise—68-year-old wi...
What does a dirty bathroom indicate about a restaurant's kitchen?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
I am not sure you can you can automatically assume that the cleanliness of the bathroom indicates th...
The Year in Health 2016
The Year in Health 2016The Year in Health 2016The Year in Health 2016The Year in Health 2016
The Zika virus and the nation’s opioid crisis topped the list. 
Arianna: Both Parties Have For 30 Years Now Screwed The Middle Class, Part 2