How can I save water?

In the best of all possible worlds, everyone would collect shower or sink water to nourish their plants. Barring this, you can still help the environment by not running your shower when you're not in it (what are you doing anyway?) and by turning off the faucet when you brush your teeth or shave or wash your hands. Install low-flow showerheads that will save two and a half gallons of water each minute (with air infusion, it feels like you are getting the full amount of water and water pressure) and use those low-flush toilets - power flush makes them more efficient. Other water-saving opportunities: Do only full loads of laundry and water your lawn once every three days at the most. Five minutes of hot water uses the energy it takes to light a 400-foot room for a year.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Health and Society

American Life Expectancy Falling Amid Rise in Overdoses and Suicides
Life expectancy in the United States fell from 2016 to 2017 as overdose deaths among Americans reached a new high and the suicide rate surged, accordi...
How can we improve public health?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Here’s what I would do if I were the philosopher-king of public health: I would eradicate tobacco ...
10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.
10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.
Gallup-Healthways ranked 189 communities for well-being. Where does your area land?
How Is Social Media Changing the Healthcare Conversation?