Why should I get screening tests?

You should get screening tests because they are the best way to find out if your biometric numbers (including your blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels) are within a healthy range for your gender, height, and age. Various disorders such as diabetes, depression, and hypertension can be identified early by knowing and properly managing your biometric numbers.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Health screenings are an excellent means of detecting disease and should be a key part of every person’s medical care. The earlier many diseases are diagnosed, the greater the likelihood of successful treatment. This is especially true with conditions such as heart disease, stroke and some types of cancer.

Continue Learning about Health Screening Tests

How should I get my colon checked?
There are different ways to get the colon checked depending on the nature of the concerns. If you ar...
Are screening tests effective?
Ideally, a screening test is both very sensitive and specific. People with the disease will test...
Know Your 5: Lifesaving Tests, Part 1
Know Your 5: Lifesaving Tests, Part 1
5 Questions to Ask When Getting a Medical Test