What preventive health screenings can I get if I use a wheelchair?

If you are able to stand and support your weight, we can administer all our available screenings. We can assist you with turning around and sitting on the table and then assist you to help you lie down on the exam table.

If you are unable to stand and support your weight, we can perform the following tests can be performed:
  • carotid artery ultrasound screening
  • peripheral arterial disease screening
  • osteoporosis risk assessment
  • cholesterol (complete lipid panel)
  • fasting glucose (diabetes)
  • c-reactive protein ( CRP) 

Continue Learning about Health Screening Tests

Are screening tests effective?
Ideally, a screening test is both very sensitive and specific. People with the disease will test...
What are the specific screening recommendations for all adults?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
The following are recommended health screening tests for adults: Complete eye exam: At least once ...
Health Screenings You Need in Your 60s
Health Screenings You Need in Your 60sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 60sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 60sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 60s
Both men and women should get these tests. Have you had them yet?
5 Questions to Ask When Getting a Medical Test