What are the benefits of preventive health screenings?

Preventive health screenings have the benefit of detecting potential problems early. Preventive health screenings are the key to staying healthy. The earlier a health problem is detected, the more treatable it’s likely to be.

A doctor can provide recommendations for screening based on a person's medical and family history and lifestyle. A healthcare provider can personalize the timing of the screening tests needed based on many factors. Having a primary care doctor who can coordinate care is vital.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Preventive health screenings are an affordable and effective way to identify hidden disease risk. For many people, getting screened is the first step in early intervention to prevent potential health events later in their lives. It helps people understand their risks so that they can consult with their doctor and take the right steps towards a healthier future.

Continue Learning about Health Screening Tests

What health tests do I need to fast for?
"Your doctor or health professional should let you know if they want you to fast for a specific test...
Should I undergo screening tests even if I am healthy?
Scientists have concluded that screening tests should not be undertaken too casually. If the tes...
Know Your 5: Lifesaving Tests, Part 1
Know Your 5: Lifesaving Tests, Part 1
Know Your 5: Lifesaving Tests, Part 2
Know Your 5: Lifesaving Tests, Part 2