Is a test for elevated liver enzymes included in routine blood testing?

Liver enzymes are typically not included in routine blood testing. Ask your physician if he or she is specifically checking for elevated liver enzymes, or see if your laboratory report includes results for ALT and AST.

It is recommended that your liver enzymes be tested at least once a year or as frequently as your doctor advises.

Continue Learning about Health Screening Tests

Should I get a scan if I've been a longtime cigarette smoker?
Without any symptoms, scans may be unnecessary, even after years of smoking cigarettes. To learn mor...
What are the specific screening recommendations for all adults?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
The following are recommended health screening tests for adults: Complete eye exam: At least once ...
Health Screenings You Need in Your 60s
Health Screenings You Need in Your 60sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 60sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 60sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 60s
Both men and women should get these tests. Have you had them yet?
5 Questions to Ask When Getting a Medical Test