Is every pregnant woman's sex drive different?

Not only is every pregnant woman's sex drive different, but her level of sexual desire will more than likely fluctuate throughout her pregnancy and following childbirth. These changes are due to many factors including changes in hormones, psychological stressors, body satisfaction and social factors. If you are bothered by any of these factors or feel that these changes are impacting you negatively, don't be afraid to talk with your OB. Often, they can make recommendations that will ease your concerns in these areas.
Just as every woman and every pregnancy are different, so is every woman's sex drive - and yours may change from day to day or hour to hour. The X factor in the sex-drive equation is the relationship between your changing moods and your changing body, both of which are influenced by your changing hormone levels. The result is that how you feel about your body (and how you think your partner feels about your body) plays a part in whether or not you want to do the satin-sheet salsa.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

The Dangers of Vaping While Pregnant
The Dangers of Vaping While Pregnant
In the 1936 film My Man Godfrey, Godfrey the butler (William Powell) must deal with the lady-of-the-house (Carol Lombard) who’s often afflicted with a...
Why is it dangerous to gain too much weight early in pregnancy?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Gaining too much weight early in pregnancy increases your risk for two pregnancy-related conditi...
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
Can you drink coffee? Should you avoid your cat? An OBGYN weighs in. 
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?