What questions should I ask my doctor about my pregnancy?

Review the following questions about pregnancy so you're prepared to discuss this important health issue with your healthcare professional.
  1. What do you recommend as a healthy weight gain for my pregnancy? How much is too much, and how much is too little?
  2. What kind of exercise, and how much, is safe for me during pregnancy?
  3. Am I at risk for any specific complications during pregnancy or labor and delivery?
  4. What are your recommendations about alcohol, tobacco and caffeine? Is a small amount safe, or do I need to stay away from them completely during my pregnancy?
  5. What over-the-counter medications can I take if I'm sick? Which ones should I stay away from completely during my pregnancy?
  6. What kind of medications can I take if I have indigestion or heartburn?
  7. What are the tests that you are recommending, and when should they be done? Will my insurance cover the costs?
  8. Are there any foods that I should avoid during my pregnancy, such as sushi? Are there any activities that I should stay away from? Do I have to stay away from cats? What about hot tubs?
  9. Is there any danger to the baby if I engage in sexual activity during pregnancy?
  10. At what point in my pregnancy would you advise me to stop flying?

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

How Moms-to-be Can Limit Exposure to Harmful Chemicals
Researchers from Mount Sinai Hospital in New York and Karlstad University in Sweden found prenatal exposure in the first trimester to phthalates, a ch...
What are some toxins I should avoid during pregnancy?
Here's a list of major toxins to avoid during pregnancy. Smoking/Alcohol/Drugs:Tobacco and second...
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
Can you drink coffee? Should you avoid your cat? An OBGYN weighs in. 
Daphne Oz Talks About Her Pregnancy
Daphne Oz Talks About Her Pregnancy