What happens during prenatal visits with my healthcare provider?

Prenatal visits with your healthcare provider may include:

• review of medical history
  • completion of various blood tests, urine analysis, and lab work
  • taking your blood pressure and listening to the baby's heartbeat
  • suggestions for a nutritional plan, including prenatal vitamins
  • developing an exercise strategy

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

How Healthy Moms Lead to Healthy Adults
How Healthy Moms Lead to Healthy Adults
The spotted hyena gives birth to cubs that are born with a full set of where’s-my-dinner teeth. That’s in sharp contrast to human babies who remain de...
Is it safe to travel by airplane during pregnancy?
Robert W. Chalmers, MDRobert W. Chalmers, MD
Flying during pregnancy is a common question that we get. Patients need to travel. There are a c...
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
Can you drink coffee? Should you avoid your cat? An OBGYN weighs in. 
How Coco Austin Overcame Her Health Scare