How can we still have sex if my partner has morning sickness?

Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

Let’s face it: When a woman feels sick to her stomach, having sex is the last thing she wants to do. You will just have to be patient until your partner is feeling better. Perhaps schedule sex for later in the day, as nausea is commonly worse in the morning. The best position for a woman with heartburn is woman-on-top.

The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

Is It Safe to Drink During Pregnancy?
Is It Safe to Drink During Pregnancy?
Are you counting the days until you hear the pitter patter of little feet? Congratulations! The choices you make over the upcoming months—for example,...
How can exercising during my pregnancy benefit my baby?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Babies born to moms who exercise during pregnancy are more likely to be active themselves. Moms who ...
How should I prepare for labor if I suspect I have group B strep?
What you can do before labor: Ask your doctor for a group B strep (GBS) test when you are 35 to 3...
If my baby doesn't kick for a long time, should I call the doctor?
First CandleFirst Candle
If you are worried about your baby, you should always ask your doctor for advice. But there are cert...