If I'm pregnant, how can I protect my unborn baby from an infection?

The best way to keep an unborn baby safe from infections is for a pregnant woman to wash her hands often, especially after using the bathroom; touching raw meat, uncooked eggs or unwashed vegetables; handling pets; gardening; or caring for small children.

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

Expecting? Improve Sleep for Your Health and Baby’s, Too
Perhaps no worker is more notoriously sleep deprived than a hospital staff resident. In one scene in Grey’s Anatomy, Meredith confesses “I fell asleep...
Can I use tampons for vaginal discharge during pregnancy?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Doctors recommend using lightweight mini pads instead of tampons for the excess vaginal discharge th...
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
Can you drink coffee? Should you avoid your cat? An OBGYN weighs in. 
Why Is It Dangerous to Gain Too Much Weight Early In Pregnancy?