Is hypothroidism dangerous during pregnancy?

Maria F. Daly, DO
Maria F. Daly, DO on behalf of MDLIVE
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
When a pregnant woman has a diagnosis of Hypothyroidism it is important that she take her thyroid hormones.If she does not take her thyroid medication for her diagnosed hypothyroidism,the baby will be affected especially the thyroid gland and other organs of the fetus.

Hypothyroidism can affect your unborn baby. Watch this video to learn what you can do to avoid complications from hypothroidism.

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

Get to Your Fighting Weight During Pregnancy
Laila Ali, Muhammad Ali’s daughter and undefeated women’s boxing champion (24-0), fought as a super-middleweight (160-168 pounds) and light-heavyweigh...
Should I be tested for the Zika virus if I'm pregnant?
Carrie L. Sloan, MDCarrie L. Sloan, MD
If you are pregnant and have traveled to an area where the Zika virus is spreading, the Centers for ...
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
Can you drink coffee? Should you avoid your cat? An OBGYN weighs in. 
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?