Is hypothroidism dangerous during pregnancy?

Maria F. Daly, DO
Maria F. Daly, DO on behalf of MDLIVE
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
When a pregnant woman has a diagnosis of Hypothyroidism it is important that she take her thyroid hormones.If she does not take her thyroid medication for her diagnosed hypothyroidism,the baby will be affected especially the thyroid gland and other organs of the fetus.

Hypothyroidism can affect your unborn baby. Watch this video to learn what you can do to avoid complications from hypothroidism.

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

Why is it important to drink water when pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Drinking water is important for a pregnant woman's overall health and that of the developing bab...
How can I reduce my risk for gestational diabetes?
Daniel R. Spogen, MDDaniel R. Spogen, MD
There are ways you can reduce your risk for gestational diabetes. Some are: Maintain a healthy w...
What should I avoid if I am trying to get pregnant?
Swedish Medical CenterSwedish Medical Center
If you are trying to get pregnant you should avoid smoking, alcohol and illicit drugs. You should re...
Is a Cryptic Pregnancy Dangerous to the Mother or the Baby?