Is being pregnant potentially dangerous to my health?

Fact: Pregnancy is remarkably safe (or else the human race wouldn't be here). Fact: Pain management is better than ever and deliveries are becoming much easier than they ever have been. Fact: Most of the time, your job is to just get out of the way and let this remarkable process work naturally. As knowledge goes down, anxiety goes up. And if you can flip those trajectories, you'll feel much better about some of the issues you may be having.

You want to try to automate your life a bit - to be prepared to handle the everyday stresses as easily you can; that way, your body and brain will be ready when bigger ones hit. After all, a lot of stress management really comes down to managing your energy levels. If you can live a balanced, healthy life, you will undoubtedly have more power and energy to cope with stressors.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

Expecting? Improve Sleep for Your Health and Baby’s, Too
Perhaps no worker is more notoriously sleep deprived than a hospital staff resident. In one scene in Grey’s Anatomy, Meredith confesses “I fell asleep...
How can I prevent infections during pregnancy?
Here’s how to prevent infections and keep your unborn baby safe: 1. Wash your hands often with soap...
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
Can you drink coffee? Should you avoid your cat? An OBGYN weighs in. 
How Coco Austin Overcame Her Health Scare