Understanding How to File Claims
With most employer-sponsored health insurance plans, you do not have to file your own claims. If you have a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan, the medical provider's office usually files the claims. You will only pay the necessary co-payment or co-insurance for services covered under the plan.Read more
As out of your control as health insurance may seem at times, there are things you can do to make your whole experience better and easier -- whether you're looking to fight back when a claim's denied, dealing with the loss of a job or wondering how healthcare reform will affect you. Take control by reading the fine print and don't be shy about making changes to your health plan.
Is Your Adult Child Covered?Get the Family Coverage 4-1-1
Affordable Care ActLearn these 6 must-know facts
The percentage of uninsured Americans in 2011
Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index
Health Insurance Q&As
AARP Health Education
What are the advantages of buying health insurance through an exchange?
All health insurance plans offered the the Health Insurance Marketplaces must offer a standard set of benefits including medical, mental health, prescription drug and rehabilitation . . .
- Q How much coverage will an elderly person need for long-term care insurance?
- Q How do I know if a loved one needs long-term care insurance?
- Q What is the difference between the HIPAA Privacy Rules and Security Rules?
- Q How does HIPAA ensure the security of EHRs held by healthcare providers?
- Q How are my personal health records (PHRs) protected by HIPAA?
- Q What is a HIPAA notice?
- Q What short-term needs should I consider when reviewing my life insurance?
- Q What long-term needs should I consider when reviewing my life insurance?
- Q What should an insurance checklist for retirement or death include?
- Q Does insurance cover hospice care?
Recent Health Insurance Articles
Knowledge is power. Learn more about health insurance and take control of your rights with our action plan.
How to Break the Health Insurance-Stress Cycle Take Advantage of Your ACA Preventive Care Benefits Affordable Care Act: Is the Doctor In? Easy Ways to Save Money on Healthcare Costs See All Articles
Health Insurance Videos
6 Must-Know Facts about the Affordable Care Act
Get the facts on the Affordable Care Act and what it means for you.