Will I pay more for out-of-network services?

Out-of-network services will likely cost you more  than services provided by doctors or other health care providers or facilities that are within your insurance plan's network. When health care professionals contract with an insurance company to become part of their network of providers, they usually agree to provide services to people covered under that network's plan at a lower rate than they would charge for services provided to people who were not covered under a plan that included that network. Out-of-network health care providers, who are not bound by such a contract, may charge higher fees, and those higher costs can be passed down to you as the patient. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How Can I Use My HSA Funds?
How Can I Use My HSA Funds?
If you are currently enrolled in an eligible high-deductible health insurance plan, contributing money to a health savings account (HSA) is a great wa...
What is term life insurance?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
As the name suggests, term life insurance is meant to be held for a specific period of time (the “te...
Does insurance cover hospice care?
Coverage may be available through Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance, and some hospices ma...
Why Do You Call Yourselves a Health Solutions Company?