Will my health insurance cover the cost of assistive devices if I have MS?

Coverage for assistive devices varies depending on your insurance coverage. Your therapist or physician will first need to verify that there is a medical need for the item. Mobility devices (walkers, canes, wheelchairs, and some scooters), hospital beds, and bedside commodes are often covered with a physician's prescription but may require a co-payment. If you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover the equipment you need, there are organizations that may provide the item at no cost or provide financial assistance.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Break the Health Insurance-Stress Cycle
The plot of the TV series Breaking Bad hinged on the premise that overwhelming stress caused by out-of-pocket costs for cancer treatment could turn a ...
What are out-of-pocket expenses?
Out-of-pocket expenses are the costs of your health care you have to pay yourself. Your insurance do...
What type of life insurance is right for me?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
The two most important things to consider when choosing the right type of life insurance for you are...
What Do You Think About Preventative Care?