One of the many benefits (pun intended!) of getting health insurance through your employer is cost-sharing. All of your co-workers, your bosses, and the company share the cost of monthly premiums so that each of you doesn’t completely break the bank. However, once you’re off on your own and start receiving healthcare coverage from COBRA, there’s no one to share the cost with, so YOU have to start covering the whole bill. It may seem like a lot, but it is definitely worth the investment if it means you have health insurance.
- Q How much will I have to pay for COBRA?
- Q What are the benefits of state continuation coverage?
- Q How can I continue my existing health coverage through COBRA?
- Q How do I find out about COBRA coverage?
- Q Will my COBRA policy cover my chronic condition?
- Q What is COBRA?