Why should I have health insurance if I am a cancer survivor?

Good health insurance is very important for cancer survivors. Without health insurance coverage, you will be responsible for the full costs of medical procedures, visits with your health care team and prescribed medications. In addition, without coverage you may have difficulty accessing needed care. Health insurance helps make the medical care you need affordable and obtainable.

If you're a cancer survivor, having health insurance can help keep your cancer from recurring, says palliative medicine specialist Dr. Stewart Fleishman. Watch the video to learn more about the benefits of having health insurance.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Make Sense of Your Health Insurance Coverage
It happened again—another mysterious medical bill has arrived for treatment you thought was covered under your health insurance policy. Before the fru...
Who pays for my travel expenses if I am a living organ donor?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
The donor's medical expenses, including the costs of evaluation and hospitalization, are covered by ...
What is life insurance?
Anne FabinyAnne Fabiny
Life insurance pays benefits upon a person's death. Some policies also act as collateral that the in...
What Do You Think About Fee for Service Healthcare?