Why might group health insurance be right for me if I am a cancer survivor?

Group health plans provide coverage for qualified group members and sometimes their dependents. Insurers make group health insurance plans available to membership groups, such as employers, credit unions, labor unions and trade associations. 

The premium that you have to pay for coverage through a group health plan is usually much less than through an individual health plan. An employer may pay a portion of the premium cost.

If you are self-employed and have no insurance benefits, check with your state insurance commission to find out whether you are entitled to "group of one" coverage. This type of coverage provides the protections of group coverage.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

7 Questions to Ask About Health Insurance Before Taking a Job
Congratulations on the job offer! Once salary negotiations have ended and you’re almost ready to sign on the dotted line, it will be time to delve int...
How can I find out the amount of my co-pay?
Your co-pay amount should be listed in your insurance plan documents or even on your insurance ID ca...
Who can collect Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a needs-based program. You must prove your income and assets a...
What Do You Think About Fee for Service Healthcare?