Why might group health insurance be right for me if I am a cancer survivor?

Group health plans provide coverage for qualified group members and sometimes their dependents. Insurers make group health insurance plans available to membership groups, such as employers, credit unions, labor unions and trade associations. 

The premium that you have to pay for coverage through a group health plan is usually much less than through an individual health plan. An employer may pay a portion of the premium cost.

If you are self-employed and have no insurance benefits, check with your state insurance commission to find out whether you are entitled to "group of one" coverage. This type of coverage provides the protections of group coverage.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

What is an HSA and Should You Have One?
What is an HSA and Should You Have One?
When preparing for the future, many people automatically think about covering the basics, such as food and housing, and maybe travel plans or other pl...
What are the tax benefits of a health savings account (HSA)?
There are several tax benefits of a health savings account (HSA), an account or trust you set up wit...
How do I use vision care insurance for eye exams?
To use your vision-care insurance for eye exams, you first have to find an eye-care professional nea...
Who Do You Politiically Align Your Company With?