Who is eligible for tax exemption on long-term insurance benefits?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine
A tax qualified plan may allow for some income tax protection on the benefits you receive. To qualify for this plan, your disability must be expected to last for at least 90 days. You need to trigger two of six activities of daily living. That is you must have the inability to perform on your own, without substantial assistance, two of the following - bathing, dressing, transferring, feeding, continence and toileting. Or you must have a cognitive impairment that requires substantial supervision.
Who Moved My Dentures? 13 False (Teeth) Truths About Long-Term Care and Aging in America

Who Moved My Dentures dispels 13 different myths about long-term care and aging in America as told through human interest stories of people the author has met through his work as a healthcare...

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

News: More Americans Are Uninsured Now Than in 2016
In the past year, the percentage of American adults without health insurance increased 1.3 percent—which is equivalent to approximately 3.2 million Am...
How do I deposit money into the health savings account (HSA)?
Deposits into a health savings account (HSA) usually can be made in one or more ways, depending on y...
Where do most Americans get their health insurance?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
With the Affordable Care Act  (Obamacare) in place, there are three major ways for people to secure ...
How Does an Insurance Company Feel About the Affordable Care Act?