Who can collect Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?

The Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program pays benefits to disabled adults and children who have limited income and resources. SSI benefits are also payable to people 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial requirements. This program provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter. To apply for this benefit, you must call the Social Security Administration to make an appointment to work with one of the SSI representatives who will then assist you with an application.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Take Advantage of Your ACA Preventive Care Benefits
We’ve quoted Ben Franklin before, but his words are still as true as ever: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” And taking advantage of ...
What should I know about my health insurance before going to the ER?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
Once an emergency brings you to the ER, the details of your insurance coverage will be secondary...
How Is Your Insurance Company Model Different?
How Important Is the Patient-Doctor Relationship?