What short-term needs should I consider when reviewing my life insurance?

Philip Lisagor, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)
When reviewing your short-term life insurance coverage needs, you should consider:
  • What assets will be available to take care of dependents' immediate needs?
  • How long will your estate be tied up after death?
  • Will your estate owe substantial debts and taxes?
  • If you have a business, how much money will be needed to operate it until your estate is settled?

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

What is an HSA and Should You Have One?
What is an HSA and Should You Have One?
When preparing for the future, many people automatically think about covering the basics, such as food and housing, and maybe travel plans or other pl...
How can I compare life insurance policies?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
Your agent or broker can offer you several choices of life insurance policies for comparison purpose...
What happens to my health savings account (HSA) if I switch jobs?
You are the owner of your HSA, which means you can take it with you when you leave your current job....
How Does the Healthcare System Cope with More People Being Added?