What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?

According to the health care law, those without insurance, small businesses and those who purchase their own insurance can shop for and purchase health insurance through a Health Insurance Marketplace in your state. The Health Insurance Marketplaces will make it easier to compare plan benefits and costs side-by-side. Marketplaces must begin offering insurance by 2014. If you are eligible for insurance through an exchange and do not purchase it, you will be subject to a penalty.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How do I get reimbursed under my health reimbursement account (HRA)?
Receiving funds from your health reimbursement account (HRA) may be done in one of a few different w...
Does coverage end on the dependent’s 26th birthday?
Coverage does not necessarily end on a dependent's 26th birthday. If you are currently covered under...
What are the origins of health insurance?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The earliest form of health insurance (as opposed to life insurance) was "accident" insurance, which...
Will I be told if unauthorized people see my health information?
Office of the National Coordinator for Health ITOffice of the National Coordinator for Health IT
The HIPAA Breach Notification Rule requires most doctors, hospitals, other health care providers and...