What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?

According to the health care law, those without insurance, small businesses and those who purchase their own insurance can shop for and purchase health insurance through a Health Insurance Marketplace in your state. The Health Insurance Marketplaces will make it easier to compare plan benefits and costs side-by-side. Marketplaces must begin offering insurance by 2014. If you are eligible for insurance through an exchange and do not purchase it, you will be subject to a penalty.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

News: US Uninsured Rate Climbs Above 12%
According to recent research by Gallup and Sharecare, the percentage of US adults without health insurance increased to 12.3 percent during the third ...
Do I pay the co-pay at the time of services?
Co-pays are fixed fees that are usually due before or immediately after you receive a medical servic...
How is my health information protected by HIPAA?
SharecareSharecare
Doctors, hospitals and other health care providers must get your permission before they share your h...
How Important Is the Patient-Doctor Relationship?