What do I do if my health insurance claim for cancer treatment is denied?

If an insurance claim that has been submitted to the insurer to cover medical expenses is denied, consider appealing the decision. Many insurance denials are the result of errors, such as a miscoded item on the claim form or a bill sent late to the insurer. An insurance company may reverse a denial decision and pay some portion or the full claim amount if the appropriate information is provided and the error corrected. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

7 Questions to Ask About Health Insurance Before Taking a Job
Congratulations on the job offer! Once salary negotiations have ended and you’re almost ready to sign on the dotted line, it will be time to delve int...
How do I deposit money into the health savings account (HSA)?
Deposits into a health savings account (HSA) usually can be made in one or more ways, depending on y...
What is the most I am at risk to pay for healthcare per year?
Insurance plans typically carry an out-of-pocket maximum or limit, which is the most you would have ...
Who Do You Politiically Align Your Company With?