What do I do if my health insurance claim for cancer treatment is denied?

If an insurance claim that has been submitted to the insurer to cover medical expenses is denied, consider appealing the decision. Many insurance denials are the result of errors, such as a miscoded item on the claim form or a bill sent late to the insurer. An insurance company may reverse a denial decision and pay some portion or the full claim amount if the appropriate information is provided and the error corrected. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

7 Questions to Ask About Health Insurance Before Taking a Job
Congratulations on the job offer! Once salary negotiations have ended and you’re almost ready to sign on the dotted line, it will be time to delve int...
What are out-of-pocket expenses?
Out-of-pocket expenses are the costs of your health care you have to pay yourself. Your insurance do...
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
Ask these five questions to save money and ensure you and your family get the right care. You were offered a new job and you’ve accepted the position—...
Who Are the Key Players in Healthy Living?