What happens to the health reimbursement account (HRA) if I leave my job?

Your health reimbursement account (HRA) is established, funded and controlled by your employer and HRA funds typically do not go with you if you leave your job. Read your plan documents and discuss your specific HRA with your employer or the benefits administrator where you work for details. As long as you are working for the same employer, your HRA provides a tax-free way to pay for many of your medical expenses, including deductibles, copays and coinsurance. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Make Sense of Your Health Insurance Coverage
It happened again—another mysterious medical bill has arrived for treatment you thought was covered under your health insurance policy. Before the fru...
What are out-of-network services?
Out-of-network services are medical services that are provided by health care professionals and/or h...
What is covered under health insurance if I have diabetes?
Many insurance plans cover testing for prediabetes, and thanks to the Affordable Care Act, you may p...
How Is Your Insurance Company Model Different?