What happens to the health reimbursement account (HRA) if I leave my job?

Your health reimbursement account (HRA) is established, funded and controlled by your employer and HRA funds typically do not go with you if you leave your job. Read your plan documents and discuss your specific HRA with your employer or the benefits administrator where you work for details. As long as you are working for the same employer, your HRA provides a tax-free way to pay for many of your medical expenses, including deductibles, copays and coinsurance. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

News: More Americans Are Uninsured Now Than in 2016
In the past year, the percentage of American adults without health insurance increased 1.3 percent—which is equivalent to approximately 3.2 million Am...
How do I select a primary care doctor?
Lone Peak HospitalLone Peak Hospital
When choosing a primary care doctor there are a few things you should consider. First, make sure tha...
Does coverage end on the dependent’s 26th birthday?
Coverage does not necessarily end on a dependent's 26th birthday. If you are currently covered under...
How Is Your Insurance Company Model Different?