What are the benefits of state continuation coverage?

In most states, the continuation coverage policy has the same types of benefits as were available under the group plan. However, for some states, the coverage is limited to hospital, surgical or major medical benefits, and might not include dental, vision care, prescription drugs, or similar supplementary benefits that are provided under the group policy in addition to its hospital, surgical or major medical benefits.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Healthcare Generosity has Overwhelming Benefits for You and Society
In tough times, lots of folks think when it comes to healthcare, tightening the purse strings, letting folks fend for themselves and advocating tough ...
Will I be told if unauthorized people see my health information?
Office of the National Coordinator for Health ITOffice of the National Coordinator for Health IT
The HIPAA Breach Notification Rule requires most doctors, hospitals, other health care providers and...
What expenses are not covered by a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
Expenses that are not eligible for payment with funds in a health flexible spending account (health ...
Who Do You Politiically Align Your Company With?