What should I consider in preparing my employees for a group health plan?

Working with your insurance providers and your HR department, develop handouts that clearly explain the pros and cons of each choice, and that describe the coverage in easy to understand language and a readable font (not the gibberish, fine print you normally find). Show your workers where they can find out more online, or whom they can talk to in the benefits office at your company. You could even set up one-on-one conferences for your employees with the benefits office so that they can work together to find a plan that fits their needs like Cinderella’s glass slipper fits her foot. 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

What are consumer-directed health plans?
A consumer-directed health plan (CDHP) is designed to raise awareness of healthcare costs and put mo...
What is the most I am at risk to pay for healthcare per year?
Insurance plans typically carry an out-of-pocket maximum or limit, which is the most you would have ...
Who Do You Politiically Align Your Company With?
How Do You Get Consumers to Engage in Their Health?