In general, most health insurance companies do not cover over-the-counter (OTC) drugs. Review your plan documents for specific details on your plan’s out-of-pocket expenses and prescription drug coverage.
- Q What is the out-of-pocket maximum I have to pay?
- Q Do out-of-pocket expenses go toward meeting my deductible?
- Q How can I get my insurance to cover more diabetes test strips?
- Q What does out-of-pocket expenses mean in healthcare coverage?
- Q How does out-of-pocket spending work?
- Q How can I keep records of my out-of-pocket expenses?