What are my options to get health insurance for my children?

If you already have health coverage through your employer, you may have access to a family plan that would cover your children as well as you. If you don't have access to insurance through your employer, your children may be eligible for health coverage through the government programs Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). In most states, children under age 19 with family income up to $48,600 per year (for a family of four) may qualify for Medicaid or CHIP. In many states, family income can be even higher and children can still qualify.

Medicaid and CHIP insurance includes coverage for:
  • doctor visits and check-ups
  • immunizations
  • prescriptions
  • vision care
  • dental care
  • inpatient and outpatient hospital care
  • x-rays and laboratory tests
  • emergency services
To learn more about these programs, you can call 1-877-KIDS-NOW (543-7669). 

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How Is Your Insurance Company Model Different?
What Does Florida Blue Do That Is Different from Traditional Insurance Companies?
How Do You Get Consumers to Engage in Their Health?
Who Do You Politiically Align Your Company With?