Who should I contact for help if I don't have insurance?

People without health insurance should call the insurance board in their state, especially since the Affordable Care Act was passed in 2010.  You can also visit the web site from the Department of Health and Human Services at www.hrsa.gov/osp/dfcr and click on “Obtaining Free Care.” Two other good web sites are www.insurekidsnow.gov and www.covertheuninsuredweek.org.  Finally, the Patient Advocate Foundation’s site at www.patientadvocate.org is run by a nonprofit that helps patients resolve insurance, job, and debt troubles that result from health problems.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

Healthcare Generosity has Overwhelming Benefits for You and Society
In tough times, lots of folks think when it comes to healthcare, tightening the purse strings, letting folks fend for themselves and advocating tough ...
How to Make Sense of Your Health Insurance Coverage
It happened again—another mysterious medical bill has arrived for treatment you thought was covered under your health insurance policy. Before the fru...
What is permanent life insurance?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
Permanent life insurance is the type of life insurance you would buy to cover financial obligations ...
How Do You Get Consumers to Engage in Their Health?