How do I use vision care insurance for eye exams?

To use your vision-care insurance for eye exams, you first have to find an eye-care professional near you who accepts your plan. To do this, you can check the plan’s website or call the customer service number. Once you’ve made an appointment, your insurance usually will provide a discount for eye exams, or make you pay a standard co-pay. Some plans even provide free annual or biannual eye exams, or offer a benefit package for eye surgery and eye diseases, including those that could cause vision loss. Plans vary quite a bit, though, so contact the provider or read all the details carefully to figure out what exactly is covered.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Make Sense of Your Health Insurance Coverage
It happened again—another mysterious medical bill has arrived for treatment you thought was covered under your health insurance policy. Before the fru...
What is covered under health insurance if I have diabetes?
Many insurance plans cover testing for prediabetes, and thanks to the Affordable Care Act, you may p...
What are my rights as a patient?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Many healthcare providers have policies that include a set of patient's rights that all healthcare p...
Why Do You Call Yourselves a Health Solutions Company?