How can I afford regular breast and cervical cancer screenings?

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) provides screening and diagnostic services in every state through the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program. This program offers an early breast and cervical cancer detection program for women who have low incomes or are uninsured and underserved. Services include clinical breast exams, mammograms, pap tests, surgical consultations, and referrals to treatment and diagnostic testing if a screening outcome is abnormal.

Contact your state Department of Health or the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program for specific information about the programs in your area.

Continue Learning about Health Insurance

How to Fight an Insurance Claim Denial
How to Fight an Insurance Claim Denial
Hepatitis C (often abbreviated as hep C) is a chronic viral infection that causes inflammation in the liver. Though it often presents with no noticeab...
What short-term needs should I consider when reviewing my life insurance?
Philip Lisagor, MDPhilip Lisagor, MD
When reviewing your short-term life insurance coverage needs, you should consider: What assets w...
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at WorkHow to Choose a Health Insurance Plan at Work
Ask these five questions to save money and ensure you and your family get the right care. You were offered a new job and you’ve accepted the position—...
How Does the Healthcare System Cope with More People Being Added?